Sunday, August 13, 2006

Killing time Saturday afternoon


Yesterday I went to a Ukrainian shooting range with a couple of friends. I never really tried shooting before, but this really was fun! AK-47 (Kalashnikov), 9mm pistol, semi-automatic assault rifle, shot gun, sniper rifle and an authentic German rifle manufactored in 1939 with bullets from 1936, that's what I tried shooting with.

The only time I got nervous, was when I pulled the trigger with a 1936 bullet in the chamber - I'll never do that again!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stor mand - lille riffel...eller er det omvendt?

-k said...

Dan,

Where did you do this? Do you have contact information? I'm trolling the web for useful information to put on my website. My site started off just as a little research before I relocate to Kiev in 2007, but now it is a bit more than that.

-k

Anonymous said...

Sorry, the link to my site didn't come through. www.ukrainelist.com

-k

Dan Kjaergaard said...

I don't know the address, but I know how to get there:

From Kiev, cross the metro bridge and continue driving straight until you see a Shell gas station on your left. Pass the gas station and turn right first time possible (think it says Borispil?). Then just drive straight for a few miles and you will see the signs on your right hand.

good luck