Sunday, August 13, 2006

Killing time Saturday afternoon


Yesterday I went to a Ukrainian shooting range with a couple of friends. I never really tried shooting before, but this really was fun! AK-47 (Kalashnikov), 9mm pistol, semi-automatic assault rifle, shot gun, sniper rifle and an authentic German rifle manufactored in 1939 with bullets from 1936, that's what I tried shooting with.

The only time I got nervous, was when I pulled the trigger with a 1936 bullet in the chamber - I'll never do that again!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stor mand - lille riffel...eller er det omvendt?

Anonymous said...

Dan,

Where did you do this? Do you have contact information? I'm trolling the web for useful information to put on my website. My site started off just as a little research before I relocate to Kiev in 2007, but now it is a bit more than that.

-k

Anonymous said...

Sorry, the link to my site didn't come through. www.ukrainelist.com

-k

Dan Kjaergaard said...

I don't know the address, but I know how to get there:

From Kiev, cross the metro bridge and continue driving straight until you see a Shell gas station on your left. Pass the gas station and turn right first time possible (think it says Borispil?). Then just drive straight for a few miles and you will see the signs on your right hand.

good luck